gEDA-user: Re: component at an angle

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 05:57:54 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> You can't place components at a 45 degree angle in orcad or viewdraw
> either, FWIW.

Protel can do arbitrary angles ;-)
Still, I wouldn't put arbitrary angles on the list of most wanted
features. It is more like "nice to have".

> Besides the limitation of the code, placing a component at 45 degrees
> has the problem that at least one point of connection will not lie on
> the grid, making it difficult to attach a net to the component.

I'd expect the line tool to catch the endpoint anyway. I thought, this is
the purpose of the "crosshair snaps to pins and pads" setting.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog