Re: gEDA-user: Linux's answer to SolidWorks

Rob Butts wrote:
> I'm in need of a 3-D model of an object and want to try to draw it in a
> Linux application.  Does anyone know of a Linux version of SolidWorks or
> something comparable?

brl-cad has been around since the 1970's... native to *nix... I've not
gotten any further than installing it and trying a couple of simple
things.  Biggish learning curve, lots of features.

Art of Illusion (AOI) is rather new, I've not gotten further than
browsing their web site.

What are you trying to do... generate a pretty picture?  An STL file?  A
  tool path for a CNC mill?  A 3D animated cartoon?

-dave