Re: gEDA-user: gerbv: requires manual ldconfig

On Sep 11, 2008, at 4:20 PM, Robas, Teodor wrote:
>>    Just did a build of libgerbv from CVS, and I note that the naive
>> 'make install' required that I manually run ldconfig afterwards so
>> that
>> gerbv could find libgerbv.
>>    If that is a bug I'll log a tracker entry.
>>
>>    Thanks for splitting out libgerbv, BTW.  I have plans for that :)
>>

> Lately, I saw many programs/libraries that need ldconfig after make
> install.
> It seems to be ... trendy

   It is an OS requirement, and has nothing to do with trends, nor
even any specifics of the library in question.  Any time you add
shared libraries to the system, you must rebuild the shared object
linker's cache for it to be able to find them.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL