Re: gEDA-user: [OT] MIT Flea

On 9/22/08, Dave McGuire <mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 2008, at 3:12 PM, evan foss wrote:
>  >>> (Just seeing what happens to all those taxes that we send out
>  >>> East...)
>  >>
>  >> It's not all for museums ---

The last time I was in the Boston Science Museum with my cousin I
could not help but notice that a lot of the hands on stuff was
replaced by things behind glass or a computerized touch screen. There
were a lot of corporate logos on everything too. One was set up as the
computers as a screensaver. I know in the old days Polaroid would
donate a wing but that was so much less offensive than what I saw
there.

>  >>
>  >> On behalf of the Bostonians on the list let me say thanks for your
>  >> contribution
>  >> to the Big Pig er.. I mean Big Dig ;-)
>  >
>  > Good one.
>  > I still want to know who looks at a multi ton concrete panel with a
>  > bolt and thinks lets glue this.
>

>    A contractor looking to increase his profit margin.

Yea nuts are expensive. The other day I needed as stainless steel one
that cost a whole dollar. So much more than a life or lawsuit are
worth.

>  > I guess nuts are out of fashion?!?
>

>    Nope...honest work for honest pay is out of fashion, at least in
>  the US.

Gee I have not noticed I was too busy watching the investing crisis news.

Sorry for being so negative about this it was just so appalling the
way that whole thing happened and mishandled.

>             -Dave

-Evan

http://www.coe.neu.edu/~efoss/
http://evanfoss.googlepages.com/