gEDA-user: PCB script questions

	Hello
I am trying to automate my Gerber generation process through a Makefile
(use the hammer that you know:-).  I see that PCB as a command line
option "--script filename"  that could potentially be used to export the
Gerber's and then exit.  Something like this

export gerber somefileprefix
quit

Problem is that I can't find any sort of script programming reference
that would allow me to do this.  Any direct help(providing the exact
syntax) or indirect help (pointing me to a reference) would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
--
Mike