[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
gFTP: gFTP 2.0.15rc1 has been released
I am pleased to announce the availability of gFTP 2.0.15rc1. Here is a list
of changes since version 2.0.14:
* I18N improvements in GTK+ 2.0 port. If the remote server is not returning
output in UTF8, it will first attempt to convert it from the local
character set and if that fails it will try the character sets listed in
the remote_charsets option.
* Added an improved internal configuration interface. You can now override
just about any option in the bookmarks dialog for a particular site.
* Each protocol that gFTP supports is now completely self contained in it's
own file. So, if gFTP doesn't support your favorite protocol, it should be
pretty easy to add support
* When you attempt to connect to a site and there is a fatal error, gFTP will
abort properly and no longer keep trying to log back into the server.
* Fixes for transferring files greater than 2.1GB.
* Improved throttling of file transfers.
* Added support to expire cache entries after a particular period of time.
* FTP: Added IPV6 support. gFTP is almost 100% IPV6 compatible. If you are
not using a proxy server, you will not run into any issues. The list of
local networks to not use the proxy server is still currently IPV4 only.
* FTP: Added ability to parse VMS directory listings.
* FTP: The firewall_* options were renamed to ftp_proxy_* for better
consistency with the other protocols.
* SSH2: More informative error messages when the initial connection to the
remote server fails. You should hopefully not see those "Messages size too
big" error messages anymore.
* SSH2: Improved the PTY interface.
* Removed legacy SSH protocol. THe SSH2 protocol is now the only SSH protocol
supported. You had to enable an option in 2.0.14 to be able to use this
* HTTP: Lots of improvements to this protocol.
* Added support for the HTTPS protocol. I added a generic SSL layer to the
code so that other SSL protocols can be easily added.
* The bookmarks and configuration file is now only written if something
changed during this session.
* Build fixes for various platforms
* Lots of cleanups and improvements to the core library. Also lots of bug
fixes throughout the code.
* New language translations and updates (am ar ca cs es fr hu ja mk ms nl pl
pt pt_BR ru sr sr@Latn sv tr uk zh_TW). Thanks to everybody that has
contributed language updates!
I would like to thank everyone that has submitted patches, bug reports,
translations, or offered ideas for improvements.
gFTP-announce list, firstname.lastname@example.org