Re: [gftp] compile fail on Sparc Solaris 8 machine

>Has anyone compile successfully on Sparc Solaris 8 machine?

Yup.  Copmiled v2.0.15 using gcc 3.3.1 on a machine running Solaris 8.

>The 2 issues I have is:
>1) #warning major macro,  what is it?
>2) readline.h is missing

There is a header file in gftp (lib/gftp.h) that defines two macros if they
don't exist on the target platform, 'major' and 'minor'.  The warnings you are
seeing refer to the fact that since these macros are NOT defined in a Solaris
system header file, gftp will define them.  I ignored the warnings.  Gftp seems
to work ok.  There are major() and minor() macros defined in
'/usr/include/sys/sysmacros.h', but I don't know if that's performing the same
function as the gftp macros.

Gftp requires the readline package be installed.  This supplies the 'readline.h'
file you need.  You can download the source to readline at:

	ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/readline/

Hope that helps.

                                                Adam
--