Re: [gftp] SSH2 - Cannot open master pty : Exec format error

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 12:14:36AM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I can't make SSH2 transfers in gFTP.
> >
> >The following message shows up:
> >
> >Opening SSH connection to server
> >Running program ssh -e none -l user -p 22 server "echo -n xsftp ;
> >/usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server"
> >Cannot open master pty : Exec format error
> >Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
> >

> >I use 2.0.17.
> >
> >Maybe it is somehow connected, but recently I removed devfs in favour of
> >udev on my machine.
> >

> >Any ideas?
>
> Maybe that helps, but I *can* make SSH2 transfer when I lauch gFTP as
> root...

What's the output of gftp --info ? The line that you are interested in is PTY
implementation. Right now gftp supports 4 different types on pseudo terminals.
(3 of them can be used under Linux). It is most likely a permission problem with
a file in /dev.

Brian