[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [gftp] gftp bug report(category enhancment)
- To: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [gftp] gftp bug report(category enhancment)
- From: "Brian Masney" <masneyb@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:21:54 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 07:22:39 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=JDC+KMm00gMOaap3lhg5/Lgaf//HcCltKEcckwECfGIoHUEQQRZ7YpKK8chirLeVr8IGPKLEhwzat2v6Rrh/gRlQs0XRFSu4Pi9BTXRuoSKRerzig/PxM6eepRLtaFs4J6Fus9eocDGu9nc1zRTpzF11Unskc6xVMqYsohs7WRo=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
After a year of not working on gftp, I have been slowly working on
cleaning up the bugs in GNOME's Bugzilla. I've probably cleaned out 50
entries and I have another 80 to go. This will take me some time to
get done. I'm hoping to be able to get a new version out sometime in
I created a tarball that contains my latest code. It mostly
contains bug fixes. It can be downloaded at
http://www.gftp.org/gftp-test.tar.bz2. I still have a lot to do before
I can create a release canidate.
If you sent me a bug report via email, you may want to make sure
that it is listed in GNOME's Bugzilla (bugs.gnome.org).
On 7/22/06, John <masterjediyoda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I filed a bug report some time ago here:
This bug report is a request for a protocol extension called PRET.
Information on PRET can be found here:
You can also read my bug report.
I want to attempt to patch gftp myself with this PRET protocol extensions.
The ftp clients pftp and lftp(both command line) have the PRET extension
built in. (PRET pftp patch found here:
http://www.drftpd.org/index.php/Pftp_pret_patch ) And they
can connect to and interact properly with distributed ftp clients; like
drftpd/glftpd. gftp lacks this feature. I've never programmed before..short
of small short bash scripts for things I do with my GNU / Linux Debian sid
laptop. So I was hoping someone here on the list could point me to which
file I would need to edit to patch gftp. And maybe which line(s) to edit
also if said person is feeling generous.
Thanks a lot for your help if someone replies. I wanted to use gftp; but I
can't connect to the main ftp server I use(drftpd). So I was going to patch
it(if I can?); But I don't know which file/lines.
P.S. Here is a url with a list of ftp clients that support PRET :