I'm working with v2.0.19 of gftp, installed from package gftp-2.0.19-i486-1 which is included in Slackware 13.0.

I have a trace of gftp-gtk available, however it's nearly 1000 lines long. Does this list permit attachments?

-d.

On 2011-03-22 07:37, Droshalla wrote:
Don Sat, 12 Mar 2011 07:05:05 -0500 said:

Can someone please explain what gftp expects from, and how it reacts
to various values for environment variables DISPLAY and WINDOWPATH?

I have a situation on a Slack 13 pc whereby gftp will run its command
line interface if these two variables are null or absent, however it
throws a segmentation fault if they are set.

The 'gftp' command on the command line is a script. It uses the DISPLAY
variable to find out if X is there, and will call the gftp-text command
if not. The gftp for X is usually gftp-gtk, so you can try to call this
without the script.

The segmentation fault can be anything. If you can produce a backtrace
output it'll help a lot. Did you install a binary package or compile the
source for yourself? Also, do you use the gftp-next version?

Droshalla