[gftp] Re: keepalive?

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 02:46:00PM +0100, a_k_b wrote:
> i like to edit my php files on the fly per "edit" command @ gftp... but if it takes too long, gftp gets disconnected. isnt there a way to do a keepalive, or is this going to be implemented?

No, I do not want to implement a keep-alive feature. I don't want the client
logged into a remote server for long periods of time if they aren't using it.
For small sites, this shouldn't be a big deal but it is a big deal to large
FTP servers.

I will fix it so that when you are editing a file, if there is a timeout when
it tries to upload the file, it will automatically reconnect and not wait 30
seconds till it tries again.

Brian