Re: [gftp] gFTP 2.0.18pre1 (20040804)

Hello Brian, hello list,
thanks for coping with this (and things like these).

* Brian Masney wrote on Sep/29/2004:
> Hi,
>    Here is a patch to lib/sshv2.c that will log which directory entries gftp
> could not parse. To appy this, change to the gftp-2.0.18pre1 directory and type
> patch -p0 < gftp-sshv2-logging.patch
>
> You may also want to try changing the remote_charsets option in the options
> dialog. If that doesn't work, then send me the Cannot parse XXXX errors.

First of all, here is my remote_charsets value from the options tab:
ascii,iso8859-15,iso8859-1,utf-8
don't know if this is the right way to put it. The remote_lc setting is empty
everywhere and the remote_charset setting in the bookmark where I'm having
this problem is empty, too.

> If this patch does not apply cleanly, then the following URL has the latest
> code: http://www.gftp.org/gftp-test.tar.bz2
So, I downloaded the code today, Oct 3rd, and it still doesn't work. (I have
understood your private mail said that it's not necessary to patch that
tarball release.)
Unfortunately, I don't even have any "Cannot parse" errors in ~/.gftp/gftp.log
Here is all there is:

<snip>
Empfange Verzeichnisliste...
2: Öffne Verzeichnis /home/ftp/software/Sophos/unix
2: File handle
3: Lese Verzeichnis
3: Filenames (20 entries)
4:  Schließen
4: Öffne Verzeichnis  ".
4: OK
<snap>

> > Wow, cool. Even without having to change anything, I can log in now and I'm
> > one step further. Unfortunately it doesn't display the directory contents when
> > logged in. Looks possibly like a charset/locale issue. Could it have something
> > to do with my linux distribution now using de_DE.utf8 as a locale and doing
> > all sorts of stuff in utf8 natively?
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > After "Protokollversion 3" it says it connected successfully :)
> >
> > But then the remote file list remains empty (in a login done by a bookmark pointing
> > to a different remote dir on the same server, it said Filenames (20 entries)
> > and then stopped without displaying anything). Even when I navigate in the
> > directories (i can always only go to the parent directory), the display stays
> > empty.

Any more ideas?
Andreas

--
Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?

--
My Public PGP Keys:
1024 Bit DH/DSS: 0x869F81BA