Re: [gftp] plans for a new release

I hate to raise this on a gftp list, but has anyone tried filezilla. I just built it for my home machine, and tried the Windoze build at work and they seem to work, but I have no long-term experience.

Donald.

Anthony DiSante wrote:
Oliver Lehmann wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if there are any plans for a new release of gFTP since the last
one is from 2005 which seems a bit dusty imho...
If I'm not mistaken, Brian spoke a year ago about ideas for a new release
- but I never heard about a new release since then...

Me too. I use gFTP all day long, but only because I haven't found any decent alternatives. I'd love to have a new release that fixes some of the outstanding issues with gFTP (extremely slow performance in SSH/SFTP mode; the fact that it crashes ALL THE TIME when connection errors occur; and a bunch of other bugs that I've reported here over the past 3 years...).