[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[gftp] RFE: auto-reconnect *on action* after time-out
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [gftp] RFE: auto-reconnect *on action* after time-out
- From: Anthony <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:56:53 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:57:24 -0400
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030827
I use SmartFTP on Windows, and one feature that I think is really
obvious (and indispensable after you've used it for a while) is the
ability to automatically reconnect to a server.
I don't mean that as soon as the connection times-out, gFTP should
reconnect; of course that would be bad. But if you've been disconnected
from a server, and then you try to transfer a file / get a dir listing /
whatever, I think gFTP should automatically reconnect and perform the
action. The result is that (aside from the slight delay, and aside from
watching the log pane) the whole timeout/reconnection process becomes
transparent to the user.
What do you think?
PS - I filed a "bug report" here about a month ago regarding the
ASCII/BIN setting not working, and it was fixed in the CVS version
within just a couple days, and the new release-version is already out
and has it rolled in. Thanks for being so speedy with that one.