Re: [gftp] compile failed

Your emails inspired me to plot on.

I had not su'd to root, which may have been a problem.  After doing so, however, I received the same errors with
# ./configure make
(Note: this specific command is from the gftp installation instructions)

In both cases (su and not su), it appeared as though make had failed.  This time, I chose to plug my nose and dive in with
# make install

and it appears to work, installing to /usr/bin (although I did repeat the ./configure --prefix=/usr, as suggested, just to be sure that the paths were preserved).

gftp is now running and working on a transfer.  It's a large transfer, and I have yet to see if it's successful, but it has moved beyond the crashing point that I was experiencing with version 2.0.18.

Cross fingers.

I'll let you know if it's successful.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments!

luton98@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Indeed.

I've just tried ./configure
make
make install (after su'ing to root) and it compiled and installed like a dream.