Re: Things to do

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Josep M. Lopez Besora wrote:

> As to TODO list, it's a nice one. If I can think of something, I'll let
> you know. Well, there's a minor thing which I can't remember whether we
> talked about or not: given a graph G, and its chromatic polynomial P(x),
> |P(-1)| is the number of ways to assign orientations to edges in such a
> way that the resulting directed graph has no cycles (number of acyclic
> directed graphs with G as subjacent graph).

Yes, I've seen that before - that's a result due to Stanley in the 1980s.
It's very suprising!

Would the ability to evaluate polynomials at various values be handy? Only
integer values? What about real values?

Cheers,

Dave.

--
"Computer science is no more about computers
  than astronomy is about telescopes."