problems building GraphThing on Red Hat 7.3

Is anyone else having trouble building GraphThing
on Red Hat Linux 7.3? I have been trying to get
the configure script to run on a completely stock
installation of 7.3 but am getting nowhere.

If this problem is well known, please let me know.
If I am the first, pelase let me know where to submit a detailed description. I hope to be able
to submit a workaround too, but I haven't yet been
able to tweak the configure script into submission.

Thanks for your help,

Lia Adams