Re: Compiling GraphThing on Debian

[This conversation belongs on the mailing list anyway - other people
can benefit from it, too!]

On 21/10/05, Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave Symonds <dsymonds@xxxxxxxxx> (21/10/2005):
> > Yes, perhaps I should just drop one in there - all you needed to run
> > is 'autoconf', then ./configure as per usual.
> I tried that a bit later, and it's sufficient. You don't _really_ need
> an autogen.sh, but that's convenient (1. Is there any ./configure? No.
> Then 2. Is there an autogen.sh? 3. Then have a look at INSTALL, and no
> info there :p).

Yes, good point - I should add at least something in there, although
the standard distribution upon releases _does_ get shipped with a
./configure. You're using the SVN version, which is far more
cutting-edge!

> > It's a fair way from almost empty! It holds the files needed to create
> > a debian package of GraphThing, which I plan to get back in the habit
> > of making from version 1.2 onwards, now that I have access to a Debian
> > machine.
> If you want me to debianize it, that would be a pleasure. Got a
> repository too, convenient for user willing to be able to update easily.
> But I certainly told you that some time ago. Do as you want, just know
> that I'll be pleased to help if you want me too. In all cases, remember
> not to send the debian/ folder along with your files in the tarball.
> (See maint-guide ;))

That would be great if you could do that for me. As before, the
debian/ directory is only present in the SVN tree, not in release
tarballs. I'm happy for you to do the debianizing, since it's been a
couple of years since I even regularly _used_ a Debian machine!

Dave.

--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
 we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and