Re: Boo! I'm back... And we cower at the thoght :)

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Kevin Forge wrote:

> Hmm... toss them somewhere so we can play.  I'm supposed to be writing
> a full report on Gnome for EXT2 so good RPMs would be helpful.

There's a page at http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/gnome/ with some basic
info and links to the build sequences.  I can't guarantee anything about
the quality of them yet, but they're there, and they probably work
reasonably well.

The packages that come from RHAD generally have been through more testing
and have patches and whatnot included in the SRPMS.  The ones I build are
raw tarballs, no patches applied.  That means that they're likely less
stable than a release from RHAD, but it also will hopefully put pressure
on the GNOME tarball releases to be as good as they can be.  Right now I
can't even build several of the packages because they don't have spec
files, or they just don't compile at all.  RHAD fixes that, I don't.
Where is seems unfortunate is that RHAD's changes don't seem to make it
back quickly enough...

Anyway, I'm babysitting my alpha UDB doing the same thing (gonna take a
*LOT* longer than the PII/350 at work), and attempting to fine-tune the
process, so stay tuned...

TTYL,
    Omega

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user