Re: Gnome

I just finished installing Gnome myself.  It is extreamly stable and has a
great UI.  It is well worth including in the future of Indy.  It is also very
easy to install...just download the RPMS for RH 5.2...make sure guile,
xscreensaver, umb-scheme, and gsl are installed...remove gimp-devel,
imlib-devel, and gtk+-devel and then do an
rpm -Uvh *.rpm the the dir you downloaded Gnome to.  Edit your ~/.Xsession
file and your all set.  Extreamly easy.  I haven't noticed any problems with
it yet...and it is very configurable.  Plus you can choose between gdn and
xdm.  Which I am going to try now.

Max DiOrio
romulus15@aol.com
romulus15@mvip.net