Re: ISO images.

> >I keep getting messages from people who would like we had an ISO
> >image.  Is anyone willing to do it?
>
>    I have one, sort of...  It is a mirror of the FTP site in Joliet
> format.  It includes the No-CD tree.  I can upload the ISO, but when I
> mentioned it, there was a question of space.  Also, there is a question
> of space for the experimental, and build trees.  I have space...
> Bandwidth could be an issue, but not soon...  <Frac T1>  I also have a
> cutter.  Since I want to see Inde out there as much as you, I will cut
> and mail CDs to US addresses for $10.  It is an FTP mirror...  Does that
> cover me for including the No-CD tree?  If not, I guess I can remove it.
>  I have installed on several machines with it, and it works well.

If you have an ISO image, that would be keen. I don't actually know what
they ought to consist of -- I think the NoCD directory is named that because
you can't put it on CD. :)
In any case, yes, the two primary seul servers don't have space for a CD
image currently. If you could offer it from your ftp site, that would be a
good thing. If bandwidth becomes an issue (meaning people are actually
using it and wanting it), then I can move it to the primary seul servers.
Alternatively, Pete has gotten gavi.biol.mcgill.ca back online -- it's a
pretty weak cpu, but he's got a gig of drive space he can put towards seul.
It hasn't been the most stable of machines lately, so we'd want to have a
backup of anything we put on it.

>    Also, when will the next "release" be ready to look at?  Based on Red
> Hat 6.0 I assume?  After 6.0 is released, or do we have something based
> on the Red Hat preview I have heard about, but never seen?

You mean rawhide? (ftp rawhide.redhat.com? i don't remember offhand.) It's
still way unstable these days, compared to something we would want to give
an end-user.

> 			Lee

--Roger