Re: LPE

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 01:19:10AM -0000, jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> Has anyone tried the LPE editor?  I would like to have an editor for
> charcater mode small enough to go on a repair floppy.  It should be
> intuitive or at least with online help.  It should not need libraries
> from /usr.  Pico needs a 200 or 300K curses library wo goes in
> /usr/lib so it is not adequate.

I've seen freebsd uses a small editor called ee (like easy editor i think) that is rather intuitive as far as edit is concerned (you can use arrows, del and so on ...) and has online help in the upper part of the screen.
Don't konw what license (i think BSDish) and what it would mean of porting it to Linux, but i think it would be rather easy :o)

Dom