Re: Newbie needs cheap cds

On 22 Apr 1999 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> I don't think it is a good idea except for really starving students.

I just threw a pile of old CDs in the trash for precisely this reason.
Most people here are better off paying the $2- plus postage. Hell, with
the time they save by getting a newer version, they could make $2 plus
postage by panhandling !

> A Windows 95 beta?  Are you speaking of Windows 98?  :-)

I have Win98 now. Crashes a lot, but then, since I use it for games,
that's not so surprising ( I blame most of it on Direct3d ... )

> Last Christmas after being unable to find a recent scanner supported
> in Linux I bought a 10G IBM hard disk for 200$.  That is depite 20%

What about the SCSI UMAX scanners ?

-- Donovan