Re: User Limits

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Kevin Sproul wrote:

> Dose anyone on this list know where I can find info on Limiting
> how much of a systems resources a single user can eat up ?

you can use "ulimit". See "man bash " for arguments ...

also, I have another question on top of this : there are files in
/etc/security that are supposed to let you set limits, but for some
reason, my memory limits do not appear to work. Is there anything I should
restart to get it working ? THe files come with pam and pam comes with no
docs ...

-- Donovan