Re: Indy Setup and Other Stuff

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000, Rag3001@aol.com wrote:
> Hey Everybody!
>
>                        I just downloaded Indy and set it up.  And
> though I am new I have a few suggestions for the setup program.
> Maybe making it a little more user-friendly will attract more home
> users?  Also a way to set it up for GNOME or KDE or even X. A reason
> I am saying this is because I am stuck in the  CONSOLE!  PLEASE HELP!

Which version of Indy did you download? Indy-6.0-0.8? The installer
used in that release should have asked you if you wanted to configure X
and if you wanted to have X start when booting.

First, what type of install did you select during the install?
[Workstation, Server, Custom, etc...]

If you selected custom, but did not select all the required packages,
you may not have installed X and/or KDE, Gnome.

Log in as root and try typing (remember, Linux is case sensitive)
"Xconfigurator" (no quoats) and see what happens. This should start the
Xconfigurator and ask you questions about your monitor and video
adaptor and then test the configuration. It might be best to have the
information on your monitor and video card handy.

Let us know what you find.

--
R.G. Mayhue