Re: Indy Setup and Other Stuff

> From: Rag3001@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:11:41 EDT
> Sender: owner-independence-l@independence.seul.org
>
> Hello,
>
>           I hav actually set up Indy 3 times, once with custom, once with
> everything selected, and once with both selected.  Neither of the times did
> it work.  But I have run Xconfigurator and it said it could not run Xserver
> in probing mode, and later said that it found a problem with my configuration
> and would I like to go back or quit, even when I KNEW that my configuration
> was perfect.  Also when I type "startx" (with out quotes) it gives me
> "startx: could not open shared libraries: libXmu.so.6: invalid file or
> folder" (again with out quotes).  And when I used the locate command it found
> the libXmu.so.6 file.  What do I do?

Try the following, as root, "ldconfig".  After thet do a file
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/libXmu.so.6" and tell me if it tells you womething
about a broken symbolic link.

Also all going well I will sync my disk and the one in the site by
tomorrow so you should get a working 6.2 with a RedHat installer.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org