Re: COMPS file

On Sat, 08 Apr 2000, dinos@bigfoot.com wrote:

> >                     Ok her we go...  On install, during the
> > searching for installation files step, the Indy setup program gave
> > me the error following: File COMPS is not version 0.1 as expected.
> > Could this be related to my previous problems, mentioned in"Indy
> > Setup And Other Stuff."
> >
> >-Robert
>
> I had the same message when I tried to install Indy.
> For me when I tried to continue the installation using the menu
> nothing happened.
>
> So you could say that I basically got the message "File COMPS is not
> version 0.1 as expected."
> and the installation would not anything else after that.

I believe this is caused by the changes that are being made to the
original RH distribution. I must remind you both that in each case you
are/were  tring to install Indy before it is completed. I cannot speak
for Jean, but as I make changes to the distro I do not do a re-install
using the installer. If Jean does the same thing, I can see how this
would happen and not be corrected along the way.

I plan on doing a full install of Indy in it's current state, some of
which is only on my machine, and not included on the ftp site yet. I'm
not sure how well it will work (thus the test), so I will not upload
until the current state of flux has settled down some. Maybe during the
tests I will fix the comps file so it will work, but please don't count
on it yet. I also need to get my mirroring problem solved.

As far as I know, Jean and I are the only ones currently working on the
project. Again I can't speak for Jean, but I can assume it's the same
as for myself. Indy is this "a project I'm working on" no matter how
much time I WISH to spend on it, I still need to go to my work and make
a living first. Otherwise there will be NO PROJECT for me. Then there
is family, but that is another matter (sigh).

I hope we can get the matter straitened out soon so you can get a
running copy of Indy installed.

Hang in there people!

--
R.G. Mayhue