Re: Suggestion on structure of Graphics section of repository

> > If you want to build an RPM who does not conflict with KDE you must
> > use shared files and AFAIK that is only possible if you make it with
> > the same SRPM.
>
> Is this  an issue if we use a static build ?

Yes. I was thinking in the user who first installs the standalone kdvi
and decides one day to install KDE.  There will be a conflict if we
didn't generate them from the same SRPM (shared files).

> > -SVGAlib is an inherent security problem because every program using
> >  it must be setuid root.  SVGAlib is ideal for one day needing
> >  anti-virus programs on Linux.
>
> the last time I remember crashing my machine was when I tried using an
> SVGAlib package (-:.

Linux allows root programs to issue very dangerous system calls like
iopl() who allows the program to block interrupts.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

The worthy man is the one who would drink muddy water if such were the
water of truth.