Re: shared file

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Kevin Forge wrote:
>
> > But I am.  It is very pleasant to spend your life running KDE and Gnome
> > apps
> > together on either desktop.  ( well just KDE now since Gnome doesn't
> > work
> > for me ).
>
> I downloaded GNOME from our site, and that one worked just fine.

Didn't for me

> > I'll write it :)
>
> Try grabbing GNOME first though.

I'll get it again.
BTW : It just ocored to me that Corel Apps come with not only a zillion
TTFs but also the same fonts in Type1 format.

> FYI, GNOME weren't joking when they said they were getting a lot of
> ideas from the KDE project. THeir config file formats , and even their
> components (eg their panel) seem awfully similar.

This is a good thing.  It's how you separate the Gnome folks from the
anti KDE people.  Gnome people don't think a desktop in the form of KDE
is bad except in a few relatively minor areas.  Those who claim to think
that are probably lying about helping to build Gnome :)
--
"So let me get this straight," one IBM lawyer said.
"We're doing a deal with . . . a Web site?"