Re: Report

> I think that if the bugfix is adding buildroot, we should just wait
> till the upgrade.
>
> > Some ideas and TODO things:
> > -It would be good we had a cron job doing an rpm -qip --requires --provides
> > of every package and putting the result in a file.  It would help both
> > developpers and people downloading stuff
>
> How is this different than the program that builds the /software section
> ?
>
> What would be smarter is to have a cron job build /software .

If you go directly to the FTP site (without going) through the web
server then you don't know why a package is there.  Therefore the idea
of having a file describing the packages at the top of the ftp tree.

Cron was just to ensure the file is not desperately outdated.

> > -There are some cases where we need to add comments explaining why a
> > package is in our site.  For instance there is no apparent reason to
>
>  The way to do this is write a file called "README.html"
> for any given page in /software (ie any directory of the ftp site)
>  The README.html page gets included
> in the appropraite page automatically (see the kde page for an
> example) automatically.

Fine.

> I am afraid I can't really build any packages right now, since it is
> starting to look like we are never giong to get our stuff back from
> dunadan
>
> > -Once we fix the site and check a few hastily done packages we could try
> > having people pointing users in need of help to our site.  For the site to
> > be useful it has to be known.
>
> Just helping newbies with your sig on every help message isn't a bad
> way to get the word out ...

That is the reason I renounced to my previous philosophical
sentence. :-)

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

Coordinator for Independence: Linux for the Masses
http://www.independence.seul.org