Idea for a static build

I was thinking that it may be worth making a static version of "electric
eyes". The reason I suggest this is that I don't believe that GNOME ( last
I checked ) is ready for prime time, but electric eyes certainly is, and
appears to be the best in the lightwieght image viewer/editor on linux to
date. I figure this is a better way of getting GNOME out into the world
than distributing their core , unless the core has improved since we built
it.

cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>