TeX fonts and X

Is there a way to convert TeX fonts to type 1?

I ask this because if the answer yes we could use type1inst + xset to
make them available to X and get better output.

In addition I have tried type1inst on ghostscript fonts but it chokes.
I was using ghoscript 5.10 fonts and type1inst 0.5b

The low quality of the output you get when using ghostview or xpdf
makes Linux look unprofessional.  And it also compromizes user ability
to read part of the documantation.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org