Re: cron for home users

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> I think long ago there was a discussion about cron, specifically about
> cron "catching up" to jobs due when the computer was off.

this is a big one indeed. Actually, I don't see a hc cron though. I see
anacron and ucrond.

anacron: "replacement for cron which doesn't require the system to be up
24/7"

ucrond: from lsm: " ... mainly intended for systems that are frequently
down " any chance of a win95/NT port ? (-:
"Starts commands after reboot if necessary and allows to specify commands
relative to system uptime "

cheers,
--
Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>