Re: Installation risks?

>>I'm in SW ID, I have a CD burner too and I could make up a few...

>I'll definitely need a CD-ROM, and would leave it up to you (Bud, or Lee)
>decide the most convenient way to ship? On top of that, would $10 cover
your
>costs for media, time and effort?

   Media is about $2.  The question is shipping, and me getting my money.
The price is so small, it seems pointless to use COD. :-)

>>I upgraded to 56k V.90

>My ISP will be upgrading to v.90 'real soon now.' I can get 44Kbps with
>CompuServe (at $6/hour), but I'll venture the opinion that Inde deserves a
>more practical method than downloading the full distribution via dial-up!

Ouch!

>>loadline from DOS is an option and installing from there.

>That would be a nice touch, but it's also painless to use rawrite to create
>an Inde boot/install floppy.

   I like this, as the boot floppy can do CD-Rom, or FTP from a Windows box.
Handy for those laptops.

>>I have never tried a bootable CD though I can adjust the BIOS to do so.

>Two of my systems boot fine from CD-ROM, so it's worth a try.

   I have never got it to work in a burn of my own.  Haven't tried much, but
still...

>How should we proceed?

   Well, the first question is what to ship.  I have the 5.2 based Inde.
Since the 6.0 based is not up yet, I can't send that.  I am still running
the 5.2 based Inde, and I love it...

            Lee