Re: About satandrads and politics

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Bud Beckman wrote:

> Didn't Sun take MS to court?

Film at 11.

> >The users still chose standards
> >over the quality of the product: one of the main things that keeps MS

The main reason Windows is still alive.

> >Office selling so well is the fact that it is the only office suite that
> >completely conforms to the (defacto) standard.
>
> Never having used MS Office, to what standards are you referring?

I guess he means the MS Office standard which has now become the defacto
standard. Try sending a MS only user a doc in a format word won't
understand, they'll barf. Most probably havn't heard of a spreadsheet
other than Excel, and as for Powerpoint.....

cog
|  David M. Webster  '------------------------------'  (aka cogNiTioN)  |
| cognition@bigfoot.com |=============| cognite.net will be online RSN. |
'====== I use Linux everyday to up my productivity - so up yours! ======'