Re: Open Source Knowledge Base (Linux Knowledge Base revisited)

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> Bad idea IMO. One of the main problems with the HOWTOs is that they are
> way to broad. The more specific, the better.

I realise this, which is why I don't think that an OSKB would be very useful
for Project Independence unless it was made specific. I was thinking that
maybe there could be general questions in the database, with different
answers for different situations (eg Linux, FreeBSD, etc). Obviously this
would complicate the writing of it, but from the user's point of view there
could be a "novice" option which would make the search engine automatically
choose the answer relevant to their system.

- Andrew