Re: DRAFT: End-User Application Comparisons

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

>    Some aspects to address include similarity to mainstream
>    applications (design and features), compatibility with related
>    applications (eg file formats), learning curve, robustness, speed,
>    documentation/support, cost/licensing, interface (command-line,
>    gui, web, etc), and ease of configuration.
>
> An important point to consider for non english speaking end users : is the
> application i18 ? If so which locale exist ?
>
> As a teacher this is alway a point I take in consideration.

Because the installation is very much based on
Red Hat it's not. There is a lot of work to do to
make RH install really support i18n. We have currently
a fully functional Swedish and Finnish RH install but
it's more like a hack.

Cheers,

--
Santeri Kannisto    sk@sot.com    - http://www.sot.com/
SOT Oy Suomen Ohjelmistotyö Ab    - tel.  (03) 316 5544