Re: Immediate road map

On Thu, 02 Dec 1999, Brian Wiens wrote:

> Excellent idea.  I believe that this is one of the harder things for a
> Linux newbie to understand, that running programs as root is not a good
> idea.  I use KDE but I know that GNOME gives a warning each time the
> user logs on as root, that this is not a good idea, and gives directions
> on where to find out how to add an additional user.  It would be nice to
> hit this up on the install and in KDE when running as root a la GNOME.

I have made the root KDE desktop colors (pale) red. Red windows and
borders, everything. That way if I login as root, I know right away
when the red windows appear!

That's just a temporary fix on the KDE side of things for me. Just
thought I'd pass that along.

--

R.G. Mayhue
rgmayhue@serenesoftware.com