comps Error

> > > Screen: "comps Error"
> > > Errors:
> >   package XFree86-devel at line 1400 does not exist
> >                                 1628

Here's the situation:
There are three setup choices: Workstation, Server, Custom.
Each one installs a given bunch of packages for that setup.
(This you know.)

Well, how to choose what packages should go in each bunch.

Hint: Source and development packages (like XFree86-devel)
would not be required/desired for non-techie users.

** So, leave those kinds of packages (like XFree86-devel)
out of all the setups.

For those users techie enough to need them,
they will likely be techie enough to use "Custom" and select them
or add them later using rpm or other package management tool.

** OR, maybe we could use a couple more setup choices:
Workstation-software, Workstation-SOHO (small office/home office), etc.

For CDROM installs to gigabyte class partitions maybe it's no big deal.
But for ftp installs/mirroring from the Internet, personal hard disk
mirror sizes, and cost/availability of drives for many,
*not* installing source/development packages, unless specifically
selected, seems to make more sense to me. After all X/KDE are big enough.
And most users *will* want space left over for those. And games.

Eddie