Re: X, new problems.

On 8 Feb 1999 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> Xconfigurator should not use Virtual Screen sizes bigger than real
> resolution without asking but I am not the author and don't have time
> to fix it.  It is not impossible that TurboLinux or Mandrake have a
> modified Xconfigurator with this feature disabled.  Because

it would be simple enough to write a two line hack perl script that fixes
the config file ( just remove all "Virtual" lines ). The ideal solution
would be to edit the source and remove the code that writes the "Virtual"
lines. Meanwhile, there is a hack solution available ...

perl -npe 's/(Virtual\s*[0-9]*\s*[0-9]*)/#\1' /etc/X11/XF86Config \
	> /etc/X11/XF86Config.new

This just comments out virtual lines ...

cheers,

-- Donovan