Corel

It seams Corel is going to announce it's own Linux distribution
at the LinuxWorld Conference next week.  Here is a quote from the
interview you may find interesting.

<cite>
Derek Burney:

The news I guess is something that we'll be announcing at
LinuxWorld which is something that we're code-naming Corel
Linux until we come up with something better or more legal.

What that amounts to is essentially another distribution
flavour, but one that has more desktop-oriented functionality.
We like what we see from Red Hat and so on but we find that
there's still quite a ways to go before the average computer
user could get up to speed, even if they're familiar with
Windows.
</cite>

Sounds like they are playing with the Independence Linux
concept to me :).  If this is as free as RedHat then we will
be in luck.

Of course this might all just be corporate windbagitis.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/1999/7/ns-7106.html