Re: I have seen a god

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> > On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> >
> > > He also gave me some stats about lines of code added that seem to prove
> > > that the Gnome Office suite is progressing _far_ faster than Koffice.
> >
> > I'd like to see them. Of course it could also mean that the Gnome Office
> > suite uses unnecesarily verbose code compared to KOffice. LOCs is such a
>
> My guess is that Koffice actually has a working codebase, while the only
> working component of gnome-office is gnumeric ( incidently, gnumeric
> looks quite good, but still beta quality ). It's easy to add thousands
> of lines of code when you don't have anything yet ! OTOH, if you have a
> working code base, there may or may not be compelling reason to increase
> the number of lines of code.
>
> BTW, I am running Krash at the moment, ( I installed it to play with
> the new APIs ) and I must say I am quite impressed. There are small bugs
> here and there but it is basically usable. The themeing is nice, and I'm
> impressed with Koffice ( I'm going to have to add a section on kword to
> my font HOWTO now ... )
>
> I'd say KDE 2.0 is one of the main things ( re Linux ) to get excited
> about in 2000.

Look at this :-)

http://neuro2.med.uni-magdeburg.de/~shaus/kword.gif

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul