Re: Organizing for 6.2

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:

> If we skip 6.1 (but this seems general consensus) then we have a
> problem because both RG Mayhue and me are band width starved so we
> would need respectively an american and a european user providing a CD
> Rom in order we can see the future 6.2 in action and check our work
> against it.

I've got a Cable Modem and access to a CD Writer, so I'd be able to burn a
CD for a few people in Europe. I've got a few CDs lying 'round, so
depending on postage I can probably do Jean one FOC, but if I'm doing any
others, I'd have to ask for some money towards costs (postage and CDs).

Is it the /pub/redhat-6.2beta/ you want burned? If anyone can suggest a
reliable mirror (I often get errors while connecting to ftp.redhat.com,
what's mirror.ac.uk like?), I can wget it tonight, and burn it tommorrow,
and assuming no problems, it'll ship on Weds.

I'll hopefully be able to free up a spare box when I come back from spain,
so I'll be able to install RH6.2 on it and play around with it. If I do
manage to get it set up it will be a 486/33 w/ 8Mb RAM and about a gig of
HDD space. If it'd be useful, I'll connect it to my network (and thus
cable modem), and give out some accounts, so people could do what they
want with it. I'm in Spain between the 19th and 24th, but when I get back
I'll have a few days spare, so I'll probably be able to get it done by the
end of the month.

So Jean if you want to send me your address, I can sort out that CD, if
anyone else is interested in getting one, mail me offlist, and I'll see
what I can do.

David
--
David Webster |   cognite.net    | Project Independence Linux, Security:
cog@seul.org  | cogito, ergo sum | http://independence.seul.org/security/