Re: About democracy was Re: Organizing for 6.2

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:

> I think something is wrong here because I am taking decisions alone.
> When I was doing 90 % of Indy this was logical but now that we begin
> to have a real team building we will have to make this more democratic
> ie active participants must be able to influence crucial decisions
> like what installer we chose.

Right, but it does seem as if you are still doing the majority of the
work, so your decision should be final. But yes I am all for democracy in
the group.

Once I've had a chance to finish downloading 6.2beta, and played around
with other installers, I'll let you know what I think.

IMHO, an installer that would start in windows, as some questions in a
familiar environment, and then reboot the computer, and start installing
Indy would be quite nice. (kinda like Coral, except without the bugs, and
not trying to be quite as clever.)

David
--
David Webster |   cognite.net    | Project Independence Linux, Security:
cog@seul.org  | cogito, ergo sum | http://independence.seul.org/security/