Re: About democracy was Re: Organizing for 6.2

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> >
> > I think something is wrong here because I am taking decisions alone.
> > When I was doing 90 % of Indy this was logical but now that we begin
> > to have a real team building we will have to make this more democratic
> > ie active participants must be able to influence crucial decisions
> > like what installer we chose.
> >

> I feel comfortable with the older installer at the moment, but I have
> never seen anaconda in action. I have downloaded the source for

Anaconda provides a graphic installation (but it reverts to console
mode if it cannot configure X or if you ask it to).  This is more
attractive for people than a console install.  On the other hand the X
servers and libraries are so big they would force us to support multi
CD install.  In 6.1 there were some problems in the installer so I
choose to stay with the 6.0 one.  Now we ca reasonably hope they have
been ironed out.

So these are terms of the choice: stay with the console installer and
look primitive or go anaconda but we will have to hack it for making
it multiCD.

> anaconda from the redhet6.2beta directory tree, but is that the best
> place to get it? Other then the CVS.

I picked it from the directory tree.

> I would looovvve to find good documentation on anaconda to help give me
> a head start understanding  how it all works without spending a
> boatload of time on the RH developers list asking questions. But I will
> do what is necessary.

I heard a voice saying me: "The source! Use the source, Luke!"

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org