Re: Postfix

> > On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> > >
> > > I have been trying it and it is far easier rto configure easier than
> > > sendmail.  It would be ideal if we could have a graphic front end for
> > > it.  If someone wants to take the job (NOT for indy 6.2).
> > >
> > I will see what I can do. Since that buys some time anyway. I have been
> > in a constant search for additional programmers for Indy. I still don't
> > think I have managed to attract any yet, but I will keep trying. We
> > really need someone with a higher Linux programming skill level then I
> > currently possess. But I will manage to learn all I need -- problem is
> > -- time:-P
> >
> > Is there any other C/C++ (or other) programmers on the list??? Even if
> > you only know a little -- we could really use the help!
> >

> I program C/C++, I'm teaching myself MFC right now, so I got a pretty good
> handle on the language.  I've looked at Qt before too, however I've never
> really programmed linux seriously and I am some what limit in experience,
> I'm 15 and been programming C/C++ since I was 12.  I've never really been on
> a group project either. I don't know how much I can help but I might as well
> tell you.  However if i were going to help design frontend interfaces I'd be
> happy to except you would really have to pick a specific toolkit so I can
> apply myself to it.

A configurator does not need speed so if I were you I would use
instead a scripting language like Python or Perl (Python best because
install uses it and Python is easier) but this is your choice.

A user who ends the install with non operational X can ask for help
with a text-based mailer connection to the ISP so the Postfix
configurator does not need a text based interface (you can provide it
if you want but it is not a requirement).  Its real public is those
people who feel they could make a better job with a mail server than
with a mail client for instance because more than one persdon has a
mail account.  Those people have a working Linux and X.

About the toolkit I recommend Gtk because it will be still available
whatever choice the user picks between Gnome and KDE.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org