Re: Registering domain

> From: "R.G. Mayhue" <rgmayhue@serenesoftware.com>
> Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:11:41 -0500
> Sender: owner-independence-l@independence.seul.org

> > > Poor Christmas Island folks. They were on Slashdot, so they'll have
> > > received a load of requests :-)
> > >
> > > stefan
> >
> > What the jargon file defines as, "the slashdot effect" :) Also noting on the
> > installation trouble someone was having... has anyone ever consider creating
> > an iso and putting it on the server?  Its a lot less trouble than all those
> > files.  Also to clear something up that is a little confusing to me.  Is
> > Independece 6.0 commercially sold? I mean its on shelves at stores?  I
> > doubting this but I figured I ask.  And now in addition to that question is
> > 6.1 going to be?

No it isn't sold.  I hope 6.2 will be but for that we need to issue
reasonably soon.  By the way I learned today that XFree 4 should be
released by march and this will provide us breathing time as I don't
think RH 6.2 will go without it.

> I would very much like to put an ISO of Indy on the server. I don't know
> if Jean has the room or not but I do. I will maintain a mirror of the
> distro on my machine and when it is ready make an image(s) and burn it on
> the required CD(s).

No I haven't.

> Then I will call on Max (BTW Max, Today I received the Red Hat 6.2beta
> CD you sent. Thank you again). I will mail a copy of the distro to Max
> (replacing the CD he sent me) because he has access to a T1. If he dose
> not mind uploading the image to the server it will be great. That way we
> will all have the exact same copy of the distro and it will help with
> some of the download confusion.
>
> What do you think of that plan Jean? Max?
>
> Is Independence commercially sold? No. It would be great just to get the
> CD's distributed by someone like Cheapbytes. Wasn't someone checking on
> that?

I think everyone has thought the other was doing it.  However we must
become known and that is why I think we should build a beta fast and
then issue a manifesto

By the way does anyone know of a resource about GTK programming?

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org