Re: Registering domain

----- Original Message -----
From: R.G. Mayhue <rgmayhue@serenesoftware.com>
To: <independence-l@independence.seul.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: Registering domain

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> >
> > No it isn't sold.  I hope 6.2 will be but for that we need to issue
> > reasonably soon.  By the way I learned today that XFree 4 should be
> > released by march and this will provide us breathing time as I don't
> > think RH 6.2 will go without it.
> >

> So were you thinking of including XFree 4.0 in the next release or 6.2b?
> I beleave the KDE 2.0 will be right behind it. It is also scheduled for
> spring of the year.

This pops a good question, will redhat wait around for KDE2 before it
releases 6.2? I've checked out alpha versions of KDE 2 and it is real slick.
I personally really can't wait for the final release.  If Redhat decided to
push for early release then IMO we should wait for the KDE2 release.

> [snip...]
> >
> > I think everyone has thought the other was doing it.  However we must
> > become known and that is why I think we should build a beta fast and
> > then issue a manifesto
> >

> I think I will have a look around the site or possibly e-mail them to
> get details on what it takes to get Indy distributed by them.
>

> > By the way does anyone know of a resource about GTK programming?
> >

> What type of resource? There is a good book on GTK programming called
> "GTK+/Gnome Application Development" by Havoc Pennington
> Paperback - 492 pgs (8/99) New Riders Publishing ISBN: 0735700786
> I have heard it is a very helpful book. Funny you should ask Jean, I was
> thinking about getting it for myself.

Yeah I was about to post that, It was the best book on GTK+ from what I
heard.  But Jean, there is plenty of doc's online too at gtk.org, tutorials,
refrence, manual guides and lists of published books.