Re: Distribution completed

> >> Oh! I was going to say I had problems downloading all of the rpms (couldn't
> >> get any of the gnome packages) on tuesday, but I just noticed the ftp
> >> address above is not the same as the one above. I was going to
> >> ftp://indendance.suel.org/etc...
> >>
> >> Let's see what tommorrow brings. :)
> >>
> >> -matt
> >
> >no, cran.mit.edu == cvs.seul.org == ftp.independence.seul.org.
> >the directory you want is pub/independence/distribution/Independence/RPMS/
> >
> >I just checked, and the gnome packages are indeed there:
> >lrwxrwxrwx   1 jfm2     jfm2                   49 Dec 24 01:49
> gnome-core-0.20.1-2.i386.rpm
> >lrwxrwxrwx   1 jfm2     jfm2                   47 Dec 24 01:49
> gnome-libs-0.20-3.i386.rpm
> >lrwxrwxrwx   1 jfm2     jfm2                   53 Dec 24 01:49
> gnome-libs-devel-0.20-3.i386.rpm
> >lrwxrwxrwx   1 jfm2     jfm2                   54 Dec 24 01:49
> gnome-linuxconf-0.14-4rh.i386.rpm
> >
> >(and yes, the symlinks actually go to files)
> >They appear to be normal redhat rpms, so you can probably get them from
> >a redhat site as well. Specifically what errors were you getting?
>
> File not found. I finally managed to start downloading them last night.
> There were a couple of problems:
>
> 1) Me! Since I already have the Redhat rpms I just wanted the
> differentials. However when I went to ./distribution/ the differential
> directory was not there, so I assumed ./distribution/NoCD was the one I
> wanted. I was able to download all of the rpms in that directory, except
> for gnome* (file not found). Last night after re-reading Jean's message a
> few times I noticed differentials were higher in the directory tree (RTFS :-)

The diifferential directory is not under the distribution directory.
It is at the same level.

The NoCD is a directory with packages whose copyright forbids shipping them
on CD without author's permission.

> 2) Download Client: My primary OS is still Win32 (NT at work & 95 at home).
> My Win32 ftp client is CuteFTP, and it was trying to CWD to the symbolic
> file links. :) "Get link as file" cured this (except that I had to get each
> file one at a time :(. GetRight cured this problem (hope there's similar
> program for linux!))
>
> 3) The symbolic links in ./NoCD for gnome* -are- broken.

Oops.  They were not supposed to be gnome links there because gnome is
distributable.  Those links referred to an old version of Gnome that I
have deleted.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org