Re: Delays

On 31 Jan 1999 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> The fact I am only writer, only tester, only everything means slow
> progress.
>
> --
> 			Jean Francois Martinez

Keep it up. We need it.

I've mirrored Indy to my hard drive and tried installing it.
(AMD K6, 32MB, some SCSI drives, AHA1542.)

1.
The Red Hat install disks do not remember which SCSI driver
to use on the reboot. So I use LILO to do reboots using the Debian
2.0.36 kernel image. (I run Deban 2.0 with 2.0.36 kernel as my
"production" system.)

2.
The reboot, with Debian 2.0.36 kernel image, seems to proceed ok
until reboot is nearly finished.
(/var/log/dmesg has nothing after "Adding Swap:".)

What happens is console screen (generic VGA color)
gets scrambled and system dies. Need to press Reset button.

Needless to say, this is a show stopper for me.

I'm not a coder/writer, so don't expect me to debug code, etc.

Eddie Maddox <emaddox@sihope.com>